Sunday, May 22, 2011

Walk to the park

     It was a nice sunshiny day, with a slight breeze. and not a cloud in the sky. It was a bit warm, but the light breeze helped. The park is about 3 blocks away from my home, so decided to go take a walk, taking my camera with me. I always like taking my camera along, to get photos of things that may show up that I haven't seen before. I did see a red wing black bird, and was able to get a photo, though not a very good one. There were a few people fishing at the pond, and one boy kept catching catfish, were it seemed no one was was catching anything. The catfish were small, I suppose because it's still spring.
     I enjoy taking walks during the spring, to catch the spring flowers in bloom, and seeing the baby Canadian geese. Saw a snapping turtle in the pond, and was able to get a photo of it. Have to really look though to see it in the water. Though I live in the city, there is still an abundance of wildlife. More common ones then any thing, like rabbits, American goldfinch, geese, ducks, and the northern cardinal.
    Once in awhile you see a deer, or other critters not much seen in the city, and have been glad some times that I had my camera with me. Here are a few photos I took today.











No comments:

Post a Comment